Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rambling About Training...

Some days you wonder if people have had the proper training? In the pic nobody is allowed to run the machine with the proper training, I mean what is proper training anyway? It seems like pretty much any average joe/jane can run a lift or some sort of heavy duty equipment and when watching them you think "hmmm remind me not to stand near or on that later!" It doesn't even need to be heavy equipment, it could be... oh lets just say hotel front desk people, (just throwing it out there) I stay in a lot of hotels some nice, some not so nice, it always seems the people that are suppose to be the trained ones (management) are the ones your like (and I'm not saying that I told the lady this I'm just saying it hypothetically) "Hey if you get a chance can you look this name up, and when you do see if you can find some costumer service while your there". (completely said with equanimity of course)

It should make you stop and think though, part of me is always second guessing people and the equipment they have, or running, or making, and the decisions they make. Are people really qualified to be doing stuff that effect your every day life, or are they in need of buck in these hard times and lie about their knowledge?

2 comments:

Chris said...

I lie about my knowledge all the time. You need a pilot for your trillion dollar jet... I can do it.

jackmooring said...

dude... i don't know what I'm doing and some how I get away with it. story of my life!