Friday, February 1, 2008

Uncertainty

LinkThere are days when you just want to smack somebody, usually when I get that way I look for the openers, (Bless their hearts)

Nah I'm just joking but one of the areas I'm still growing in is rigging, for those of you who keep up with my blog know how much the LED wall I'm hanging out here weighs, and it really isn't that big of deal except when we go into venues where the local riggers walk in and start by saying well "you know it should hold?", and you know they say "Should" like it has 7 more "ou's" in it than it really has, as their looking up in the air, with the look of "hmmm I really should be looking up in the air and looking like I'm adding numbers in my head to make it look like I know how much that particular piece of steel can hold" while I usually follow with "well I'm cool with it if you want to stand underneath it the rest of the day?". And then followed by "no but seriously will it hold?" then I walk away and think to myself "(Sigh) Crap!" Cause you know its not what they said, but the uncertainty of how they said it, and for those of you who are riggers out there, don't be hatin'.

And so for the rest of the day I'm going to answer every question thats asked to me with uncertainty in my voice and a question mark at the end of ever sentence?

And that's all I have to say for now? At least I'm pretty sure?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, It'll hold.

Anonymous said...

it ok if you want to punch these guys i wont hold it against you. I know brody wont.