Monday, March 17, 2008

Not My Typical Sunday Night Watching TV

Today is a great day, my wife doesn't have to go to work, its St. Patrick's Day, and I have no plans for the entire day, other than going to this little Irish place for lunch.

Before I get to far a head of myself I have to share with you what I did last night, usually I get home, go to my chair and then really don't move until its time to go to bed, but yesterday I get a text from Farns asking if I was going to the MM show? Not knowing that they were in town I was excited to see everybody.

By the time I got there, it was already time for doors, and I was bummed that I couldn't have gotten there a little bit earlier to hang, but I still got some time with the boys, man do I miss these guys, and thier crazy antics.
(Their not gay if your wondering)

One of the things I love and hate about Nashville shows is that if Bands/Crews have the day off much like myself, everybody shows up at the show just to hang out, and it turns into this big get together, people you haven't seen in a while, the best part is usually you pick right up where you left off, the industry is small enough that you hear about what everybody is doing even if you haven't talked to that person in a while, so when you see 'em you just start talking.

One of the fellers that was there last night, I haven't seen in a while is this guy the blog-master, working hard running a camera (I'll explain why above the next pic) with the supervision of his boy keeping him on track.
MM is taking over the internet with the help of the blog-master, and last night was the first and successful attempt at MMtv, I think its great, I really do, I love what he's doing for the industry.

And to end with some props to a couple of bands, I don't usually do this but I just have to say something especially since the tour is over, one of the props is to this band, they had a 15 minute set and since I have done pyro, I understand how much work goes into shooting it, and all the things you have to do and whats involved in the everyday process, and last night was the first time I've seen Special FX for a band that only has 15 min. set. so props are in order.
All in all it was good night I wasn't planing on staying for the whole show since I've seen the headliner band before, but I stayed for most of their set and since its been a while since I've seen them play I stood at FOH and even tho I've seen 'em probably 200 times in the last couple years, I still get goose bumps, thanks for the refresher guys.



No comments: